The Production Department of The Metropolitan Opera oversees all production and technical details related to the creation and construction, of New Productions and the maintenance and operation of Repertory productions. The Executive Assistant is an essential part of this process through administrative support to the Assistant General Manager and the Production Department.
Coordinate appointments and meetings for the Assistant General Manager.
Coordinate workflow in the Assistant General Manager’s office.
Assist Assistant General Manager on special projects as assigned.
Answer select department phones, direct calls and take messages.
Coordinate and maintain various production schedules.
Attend various production meetings, take notes, and track follow-up.
Coordinate Technical Conference Room schedule.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- BA or equivalent.
- Experience in back stage production.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Operatic knowledge preferred.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be flexible, willing to help when asked.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.