The Metropolitan Opera is looking for a Development Associate to provide administrative and clerical support for the Director of Leadership Gifts and Special Campaigns and the Broadcast Campaign Director. This individual will assist in ongoing projects and day-to-day administrative tasks, as well as other projects as assigned.
- Assist with the principal fundraising responsibilities of the directors, as well as ongoing annual Patron support and special funding projects.
- Coordinate donor entertaining, including invitations, ticketing, and reservations.
- Arrange, schedule, and provide support for donor and staff meetings for both directors.
- Maintain and update donor listings.
- Help coordinate and track campaign promotional efforts.
- Coordinate Patron ticket orders, seat improvements, and exchanges for both directors.
- Process gifts receivable, bills payable, and maintain budget tracking records.
- Interface with website group for program web pages.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
BA degree required. Two or more years of fundraising experience is highly desirable. The Development Associate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as solid computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Please send resume with a cover letter