Training and Quality Assurance Manager
This position will create, revise, supervise and implement a comprehensive training, monitoring and staff development program for new and existing employees in the Inbound and Outbound Customer Care Call Centers, Special Sales, Patron Customer Care as well as various other departments within the Met. The position will develop quality standards and performance metrics to monitor the staff’s effectiveness and opportunities during call handling. Responsibilities include: Train new and existing employees, create and maintain training and coaching materials, assist with staff recruitment and development, initiate and participate in staff evaluations and QA Monitoring Efforts. A high level of confidentiality must be exercised in order to work closely with upper levels of management along with the ability to work and think clearly under pressure.
- Develop and implement training strategies, plans, and processes in support of overall organization and business goals.
- Insure the training process includes accurate needs assessment and an instructional design process with appropriate delivery methods and post training evaluations.
- Identify performance issues for Customer Service Representatives and recommend solutions and potential areas for training that include world class call handling techniques and recommendations for measuring results of training.
- Provide leadership to organization wide projects and initiatives insuring that the training approach and materials support goals and objectives.
- Initiate and administer Inbound Call Center incentive and service recognition programs.
- Manage, lead, motivate and develop the Call Center training team.
- Provide for the continuous update and maintenance of all training manuals, programs and materials in order to remain current with system and procedural changes; insure that all new/critical information is effectively delivered to staff to insure proper transfer of knowledge.
- Insure full operation and utilization of all training facilities, resources and equipment.
- Provide direction and quarterly updates to the offsite contingency vendor insuring that the vendor is prepared and ready in case of emergency.
- Seek and support new approaches and practices to improve the efficiency and effectiveness in training services offered and delivered.
- Develop and administer a quality assurance program that provides timely and meaningful feedback on staff performance including:
- - Providing weekly monitoring assignments so that all Customer Service Reps are monitored on a timely basis.
- - Constructing and designing scorecards in the monitoring system to measure competencies and behaviors demonstrated during a call.
- - Coaching and calibrating Supervisors who conduct weekly and daily evaluations.
- - Reporting weekly results with recommendations for additional coaching and reinforcement.
- - Participating and/or delivering feedback to staff based on monitoring evaluations.
- Prepare and assist in conducting the Annual Performance Review for staff including:
- - Gathering of monitoring and other measures of staff performance.
- - Completing the Annual Performance Review forms for manager approval.
- - Participating in the Annual Performance Review meeting with staff members.
- Assists the Director Call Center and Donor Relations in the recruitment and hiring and training of all new staff members including:
- - Identifying, interviewing and recommending candidates
- - Conducting new hire orientation and training programs
- Providing 45-60-80 Day Performance Reviews for new hires during their 90 day probation
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Prior teaching, training or management experience preferred or 5 years of related experience.
- BA degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Depth of practical experience in both technical and non-technical training.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Strong presentation and public speaking ability.
- Tessitura experience a plus; ASPECT/Tessitura/ background in arts/cultural sector a plus.
- Demonstrated strong initiative and ability to assume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Computer literate. Computer based training experience desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal a must.
- Ability to work and think clearly under pressure.
- Team player attitude.
- Flexible schedule. Ability to work additional hours and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to motivate staff.
- Ability to handle, manage and implement change.
- Analytical skills required.