Available: January 2017
Functions as the Senior Tessitura Software Analyst and Developer for the Application Support team. Provides technical direction for Tessitura and related systems. Maintain assigned tasks and all processes of assigned applications. Provide overall support of assigned applications and related systems. Responsibilities include assessing needs; work on system projects, installation, troubleshooting, application functionality and ongoing application training of end users. Must have the knowledge and communication skills to be able to work effectively with multiple levels and degrees of technical and business expertise throughout the organization and have deep knowledge of and experience in Tessitura, especially in the areas of technical and functional configuration.
- Provide application systems administration and guidance for Application Staff.
- Monitor applications systems for data quality, efficiency, operation, and integrity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Create, modify, read and understand stored procedures using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Experience writing custom reports in SQL Server Reporting Services for Tessitura. Create custom reports and modifying existing reports according to business needs.
- Create tables, functions, triggers, views for business functions and reporting. Create, modify, and troubleshoot SQL Server jobs.
- Research, recommend, establish, and maintain best practices in the implementation and on-going maintenance and support of the Tessitura platform.
- Maintain familiarity with all responsible applications in order to provide customer support and direction on the effective usage and continued growth of the application products.
- Work closely with technical staff and vendors and document user needs, outcomes and procedures.
- Research enhancement requests to verify they do not interfere with daily operations, as well as no data integrity issues. Communicate and fulfill enhancement requests from users.
- Respond to requests and reported technical problems. Ensure issues are reported into automated issue/problem report database.
- Participate in user meetings to gather new requests and issues. Communicate status of open issues using issue logs and other tools.
- Ensure procedures for new application releases are implemented; conduct the testing and release-to-production procedures to ensure quality release rollouts.
- In rotation with the Application Support team, provide weekend coverage (Friday evening through Sunday evening) for urgent issues.
- Assign support tickets and collaborate with other application support team members to ensure that support request tickets are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in the testing and rollout of application software and new releases.
- Investigate and implement ongoing special projects as assigned. Diagnose and understand underlying technical problems.
- Take a leadership role by increasing application knowledge and understanding additional uses. Train support staff using best practices and department policies.
- Perform functional and technical analysis, as well as functional and technical configuration work.
- Support the Met’s Tessitura infrastructure to insure it operates at peak availability and performance.
- Collaborate with users on annual Tessitura upgrades and new functionality implementations.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree of higher preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in the Tessitura platform including project management, technical analysis and configuration experience within an information technology setting.
- Ability to configure Tessitura, both at a technical and functional level, across all modules needed to support the organization.
- Familiarity with other components in the Tessitura ecosystem such as NScan, Print at Home, Web API, T-Stats, and Dashboards.
- Demonstrated experience managing Tessitura implementations and ongoing business process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to develop and maintain Tessitura Interceptors to provide custom logic to the Tessitura platform to meet specific user requirements.
- Capable of working in a collaborative environment, including continuous interaction with staff and management, internal IS&T staff and management, and external consulting partners, as well as the ability to share knowledge effectively with colleagues.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, flexible mindset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and/or be involved in multiple projects at the same time and deliver quality service.
- Ability to act as a team leader. Must possess strong oral, presentation, and written communication skills. Must be able to articulate technical and user needs in a concise manner easily understood by all.
- Excellent organizational skills and be able to prioritize multiple projects and objectives in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team and possess teambuilding skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a high energy level and express a positive attitude.