Available: March 2017
This position coordinates the administrative activities for the Staff Performers and Supernumeraries Department. Performs duties which include administering schedules and budgets, monitoring attendance, maintaining a staffing information database, entering payroll information, monitoring Staff Performers work hours to insure they are fulfilling their contractual requirements, and archiving important production information. This position also supports the Company Manager as required.
- Support the Director of Supernumeraries in the personnel management of Staff Performers and supernumeraries.
- Supervise the activities of the activities in the dressing rooms.
- Provide orientation to new Supers regarding departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly schedules. Attend weekly stage plan meetings as needed, resolve conflicts and publish the weekly and daily revised schedule.
- Distribute schedule information, first notifications, and changes to the rehearsal schedule.
- Utilize database to create pay sheets and sign-in sheets as necessary.
- Schedule costume fittings with costume and wardrobe departments.
- Assist the Director of Supernumeraries in creating cast lists. Manage lists, responses, and distribution of information around the building.
- Support the Director of Supernumeraries with data entry of the annual budget forecast and reforecast.
- Manage the HR, Security and payroll requirements for processing new hires.
- Enter pay data into payroll system.
- Review pay data for accuracy each week.
- Maintain databases of pay, contact, casting, and production information.
- Manage staff at rehearsals and performances as assigned – notes of absence and lateness, assign covers, maintain daily log, and supervise the work.
- Support the Director of Supernumeraries in planning and conducting auditions for supernumeraries, actors, and specialty performers.
- Administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, and email/memo writing.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 2+ years prior administrative experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Stage experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook, Access.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time in a tight workspace.
- Must exhibit a high level of tact and diplomacy and the ability to deal with multiple personality types.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of work and deal with stress effectively.
- Flexible schedule, with the ability to work evenings, Saturdays and occasional Sundays.
- Ability to maintain good humor, calm, and accuracy in a fast-paced work environment.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Senior Administrator of Supernumeraries” in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-Mail (Preferred): email@example.com