As a member of the five-person Special Events team, this position is responsible for the planning and execution of assigned events including a portfolio of Major Gift Patron and Board Member events, National Patron Weekend, Encore Society/National Council Weekend, and select revenue producing Gala events. The Manager is also responsible for providing general support for the events department.
- Supervise and coordinate all event logistics with vendors including caterer, rental companies, photographers, musicians, etc.
- Coordinate all event logistics with house staff; liaise with House Management and Technical Departments.
- Negotiate with vendors and event venues to ensure expense budget goals are met.
- Work with the Box Office to process and mail all ticket requests.
- Work closely with Board members and patrons to ensure a positive experience when hosting private events.
- Process performance and dinner orders for select events.
- Solicit ticket sales when necessary to reach revenue goals.
- Provide general office support for the department.
- Assist in training the Special Events Coordinator and Special Events intern as needed.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 4 years professional event experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; database experience; and comfort working with various systems is essential.
- Adept project manager; impeccable time management and prioritization skills.
- Highly organized and efficient team player.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Diplomacy and excellent judgment.
- Available for evening and weekend work.
Please send your resume and cover letter with "Manager Special Events" in the subject line to:
E-Mail (Preferred): email@example.com