Available: November 2016
The HR Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the department. The HR Assistant will perform functions such as answering telephones, filing, sorting and distributing mail; ordering supplies; typing correspondence and reports; entering information into the HR system and serve as backup for the various functions of the department.
- Provide general administrative support for the department, which includes, but is not limited to, answering phones, handling walk-in traffic, answering basic benefits questions, and greeting applicants and other appointments at the stage door and guiding them to the appropriate place.
- Responsible for the timely processing of all employee paperwork from start to completion.
- Assist with data entry into Human Resources system including new hires and departures; employee-initiated data changes and additions; weekly summary changes to Payroll and Finance.
- Review data entry for accuracy.
- Making new personnel file folders for the employees.
- Assign I.D. numbers for new employees for the Security swipe system and issue I.D. memos.
- Filing of all employee paperwork.
- Responsible for all active, inactive and stored employee files.
- Open and distribute departmental mail.
- Ensure I-9 paperwork for international employees is correct and current.
- Handle departmental billing. Log and copy invoices and forward authorized invoices for payment and update log.
- Prepare jury duty and verification letters as requested. Maintain file of letters issued.
- Participate in the preparation of mass in-house informational distributions and mailings to employees.
- Track stock of department supplies and order as requested.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- 1-2 years related experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Superb interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with other MS Office applications; and
- Strong Internet research skills.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time in a tight workspace;
- Must be able to deal with all personality types; and
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “HR Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-Mail (Preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org