Available: December 2015
The Director, Partnership Marketing leads on the development of creative partnerships to maximize Met ticket sales, management and direction of the Met’s appointed marketing and advertising agency, and the marketing and sales strategies for the Met, Live in HD and Met Opera on Demand (MOoD). The Director, Partnership Marketing, works with the Director, Strategic Marketing to develop and implement an integrated marketing and advertising strategy to maximize box office attendance and revenue for all Met activity.
- To identify and develop creative marketing partnerships to extend the audiences for the Met during the main season and for The Met, Live in HD.
- To work with the Director of Audience initiatives and Special Projects to maximize the current program of external collaborations and identify new opportunities for extending audience and brand partnerships.
- To work with the Met’s appointed advertising / marketing agency to produce creative and sophisticated marketing and advertising campaigns for initiatives and platforms including the Met Season, Live in HD, MOoD and radio.
- To support the Director, Strategic Marketing, in developing an overall marketing and sales strategy to support all the needs of the Metropolitan opera and ensuring the strategy is implemented to schedule and on budget.
- To work with the Director, Strategic Marketing. To continually analyze the effectiveness of marketing audience development strategies against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to maximizing sales, attendance and new audience initiatives.
- To manage the Senior Manager, HD Marketing and all our HD distribution partners to ensure that we maximize sales and audiences for the program.
- To work with the Media team including Director, Met Opera on Demand, to give marketing support to achieve the agreed upon revenue and distribution goals.
- Work with website team to create online promotions and optimize the ticketing experience.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- 4+ years of directly related experience in marketing/advertising; exposure to not-for-profit management beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Superior writing and editing abilities.
- Demonstrable experience of working with a CRM application (ideally Tessitura).
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet research.
- Demonstrated interest in the arts. Knowledge of opera a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, be imaginative and flexible in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work in the evening and on occasional weekends.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Director, Partnership Marketing” in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-Mail (Preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org