This individual is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for the Director of Leadership Gifts and Special Campaigns. This individual assists with special and ongoing projects, day-to-day administrative tasks, and special assignments related to the Broadcast Campaign and Planned Giving.
- Assist with the principal fundraising responsibilities of the Director of Leadership Gifts and Special Campaigns, including ongoing annual Major Gift and Patron support and special funding projects.
- Coordinate patron correspondence for director, as needed, as well as donor entertaining, including invitations, subscription renewals, ticketing, and reservations as part of Major Gift and Patron cultivation process.
- Arrange, schedule, and provide support for donor and staff meetings for director, including coordination of Patron ticket orders, seat improvements, and exchanges.
- Work with manager to update gift tracking for special campaigns including the Broadcast and HD Education campaigns.
- Specific to the Broadcast Campaign: help coordinate special events; prepare written acknowledgements for memorial and honorary gifts; post gated content radio files to web weekly; maintain and update donor listings for broadcast pages on website; manage campaign listings for annual SMB insert, and coordinate SMB premium CD annually.
- Specific to Planned Giving: help coordinate special events and large Planned Giving mailings.
- Coordinate annual Board Handbook.
- Process gifts receivable, bills payable, maintain budget tracking records and maintain files.
- Coordinate all aspects of the department organization, administrative office and telephone coverage, such as organizing vacation schedules for administrative assistants; coffee/office ordering and restocking; paying bills.
- As requested, coordinate with Dir. of Leadership Gifts to organize departmental events.
- Provide department telephone coverage, process director expense reports, and prepare weekly payroll for approval.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
The education and/or experience requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA degree required.
- Two or more years of fundraising experience highly desirable.
- Responsible, poised, discreet individual with the ability to interact well with a broad and sophisticated donor constituency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Independent initiative and ability to work efficiently and accurately to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and the diplomacy and good judgment needed to balance multiple tasks.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Development Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-Mail (Preferred): email@example.com