This position assists the Director of Financial Systems in maintaining and enhancing several critical business applications, including Payroll, Business Intelligence, Media, Artistic Planning and miscellaneous other software. Key responsibilities shall include: Acting as a liaison with end users, issue tracking and resolution, working with third party software developers, security administration, and ad hoc querying and report building.
- Work with internal staff and third party developers to resolve application issues and implement requested enhancements, including associated testing and documentation.
- Participate in the requirements gathering and design process for new system development initiatives.
- Train new users and bring existing users up to date with new features.
- Maintain database structures in accordance with changes to business rules.
- Provide ad hoc data analysis and reporting solutions across all departments, as well as outside organizations.
- Maintain data integrity by monitoring end user data entry and working with users to make associated corrections.
- Security Administration - User and security role setup and maintenance.
- Groom external data from disparate sources into defined templates for uploading into business applications.
- Generate data for cyclical processes, adhering to all contract terms and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain end user and system administration documentation.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- 2-5 years system development and system support experience
- High proficiency in both SQL and Microsoft Access data mining
- High proficiency Excel
- Report writing software (Crystal Reports is a plus)
- Experience working with ticketing software (Smartsheet is a plus)
- Familiarity with VBA and another object-oriented programming language (C#/.NET a plus)
- Basic familiarity with GAAP, as this position supports multiple financial applications
- Ability to read and absorb detailed legal contracts and understand complex business requirements
- Ability to organize own workflow and automate tasks as much as possible
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and technical communication skills, as this position interfaces between users and developers
- Ability to work flexible hours based on project timelines and the needs of user community and third party developers
- Detailed knowledge of opera not required, but a plus
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements with "Business Systems Administrator" in the subject line to:
E-Mail (Preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org