Available: March 2017
The Budget Analyst works under the supervision of the Director of Planning and Operations Analysis on assigned portions of the budget and planning process, with the goal of helping to create budgets and financial plans that are accurate and take advantage of opportunities to strengthen Met finances.
- Develop estimates of costs and revenues in assigned areas of the Met’s operations;
- Understand and synthesize complex information, and array it in clear formats that bring out important points;
- Create reports and briefings for senior management and appropriate board committees that provide accurate, interpretive budget analysis;
- Participate in creation of budget and long term financial plans;
- Organize budget and financial materials;
- Develop appropriate proficiency with relevant systems and formats, including budget files, the general ledger, etc.;
- Monitor actual performance against budget and understand and explain differences;
- Track assignments and ensure follow-up;
- Create productive and collegial relationships with Met colleagues that lead to better management information and/or strengthened organizational finances;
- Juggle multiple tasks, be consistently productive, and show good attention to detail;
- Assist Deputy General Manager/CFO on assignments;
- Other assignments as required.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field, whether economics, accounting, business administration;
- Prior budget analysis experience a plus;
- Very strong Excel skills and quantitative sense;
- Ability to understand big picture
- Ability to work quickly and adapt readily to changes in priorities;
- Ability and willingness to work beyond normal business hours as needed during peak times to meet responsibilities;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work on assignments both individually and as part of the budget team and coordinate with rest of team;
- Excellent listening, oral, and written skills;
- Good organizational/time management skills; and
- Ability to maintain a high level of tact and professionalism and to handle any confidential information sensitively.
To apply please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with "Budget Analyst" in the subject line.
E-Mail (Preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org